CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Plasma Cutter

on 2000-04-24 07:50:42 UTC
In a message dated 04/24/2000 3:04:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com writes:

<< At 03:45 PM 4/23/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello list,
>Does anyone have experience with an x-y table for a plazma cutter. It
>seems to me that the resolution would not have to be high. I was
>thinking about welding bicycle chain to angle iron instead of buying
>rack gears. I know that this technique works well for sawmill tables.
>Comments, suggestions?
>Bob B. >>

Would it be a terrible idea to use toothed belting in lengths from Stock
Drive Products instead of bicycle chain or a rack gear? I too am considering
building an X-Y table for routing purposes. Knowing the pros and cons of
this from you guys would be a great asset!

Thanks,

David Ratliff

Discussion Thread

Ratliffgrp@a... 2000-04-24 07:50:42 UTC Re: Plasma Cutter Tyler Griffin 2000-04-24 20:59:07 UTC Re: Plasma Cutter Tyler Griffin 2000-04-28 20:41:37 UTC Re: Plasma Cutter