CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need Help Selecting CAM Software

on 2004-06-11 19:02:15 UTC
From a completely biased and partisan
Point of view I can recommend you take
A look at Dolphin Cam, details and downloads
Can be found at www.dolphin.gb.com.

Hobbyist prices are available.

Regards

Michael
Dolphin Cad Cam Systems Ltd

-----Original Message-----
From: classifiedmp [mailto:m7070@...]
Sent: 11 June 2004 22:38
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need Help Selecting CAM Software

I have just finished building a 3 axis, stepper actuated, gantry
style router table. I am a model builder and my short term goal is
to be able to cut 2D shapes such as wing ribs and fuselage
bulkheads. Long term, I am learning Rhino 3D and eventually hope to
produce 3D objects for vacuum forming and fiberglass molds such as
canopies, cowls, fuselages, etc.
I am well versed in 2D CAD, dangerous with 3D and I don't have a
clue when it comes to CAM. I am looking for recommendations for a
reasonably priced (preferably cheap) easy to learn CAM package that
will accept my existing AutoCAD or dxf files. Maybe "cheap"
and "easy to learn" don't go together, so a reasonable compromise
may have to do.

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

classifiedmp 2004-06-11 17:25:32 UTC Need Help Selecting CAM Software Michael Milligan 2004-06-11 19:02:15 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need Help Selecting CAM Software notoneleft 2004-06-11 19:38:05 UTC Re: Need Help Selecting CAM Software Fred Smith 2004-06-13 11:59:54 UTC Re: Need Help Selecting CAM Software