CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Need Help Selecting CAM Software

Posted by notoneleft
on 2004-06-11 19:38:05 UTC
For 2D stuff, look at SheetCAM, http://www.sheetcam.com . For 3D, try
MeshCAM. http://www.grzsoftware.com

Both have Yahoo groups.

Gerry

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "classifiedmp" <m7070@b...>
wrote:
> I have just finished building a 3 axis, stepper actuated, gantry
> style router table. I am a model builder and my short term goal is
> to be able to cut 2D shapes such as wing ribs and fuselage
> bulkheads. Long term, I am learning Rhino 3D and eventually hope to
> produce 3D objects for vacuum forming and fiberglass molds such as
> canopies, cowls, fuselages, etc.
> I am well versed in 2D CAD, dangerous with 3D and I don't have a
> clue when it comes to CAM. I am looking for recommendations for a
> reasonably priced (preferably cheap) easy to learn CAM package that
> will accept my existing AutoCAD or dxf files. Maybe "cheap"
> and "easy to learn" don't go together, so a reasonable compromise
> may have to do.

Discussion Thread

classifiedmp 2004-06-11 17:25:32 UTC Need Help Selecting CAM Software Michael Milligan 2004-06-11 19:02:15 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need Help Selecting CAM Software notoneleft 2004-06-11 19:38:05 UTC Re: Need Help Selecting CAM Software Fred Smith 2004-06-13 11:59:54 UTC Re: Need Help Selecting CAM Software