CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Servo tuning software

on 2004-07-20 14:44:38 UTC
there is a technique called zeigler nichols tuning that is an
empirical way to set the gains in a PID controller (D = K(1+ 1/Ti*s +
Td*s) ). The technique is as follows
1: turn off the I and D terms and adjust the P term (K) until the
system just starts to oscillate.
2: note the gain (ultimate gain) and the period (ultimate period)
3: set the gain K to .6 times the ultimate gain
4: set Ti to one half the ultimate period
5: set Td to 1/8 the ultimate period

that will get you most of the way there, and you can tweak to suit.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "caudlet" <thom@t...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Brad & Lee Heuver
> <bradandlee@p...> wrote:
> > I ran across this link:
> > http://www.elmomc.com/products/composer-description-contents-
> main.htm
> > Its a free download for auto tuning software for servo's. I didn't
> try it, as I don't have a working servo to tune,
> > but thought I'd pass it along in case it was of any use.
> > Brad
> >
> I don't think this is a general purpose servo tuning piece.
> It appears it is written specifically for their *drives*. In order
> to do tuning you either need to have a scope or DSP card and get the
> signal across the motor or you need to be able to tap directly into
> the servo amp with a custom application. No two servo amps are the
> same so each would need it own software. Rutex has a tuning piece
> for their drives (supported in MACH2) that will do pretty much the
> same thing.

Discussion Thread

Brad & Lee Heuver 2004-07-19 10:51:04 UTC Servo tuning software caudlet 2004-07-19 16:56:55 UTC Re: Servo tuning software the_maniacal_engineer 2004-07-20 14:44:38 UTC Re: Servo tuning software Leslie Watts 2004-07-20 15:01:56 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Servo tuning software