CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Conversational Programming and NAMES- very long!

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2000-05-04 11:23:46 UTC
Brian wrote

Jon wrote:
[snipsnipsnip]
> (The only problem is that while you are in
> another window,
> you lose keyoard and mouse focus to the machining task, so the only
> emergency
> control is the E-stop button, which is a bit drastic. Nothing like
> trying to switch focus
> with the mouse when a crash is 1/2 second away!)
>
> Jon

sounds like a "slide hold" button is needed there!
I haven't looked into the code yet but wouldn't dropping
the feed override to zero in response to an external signal
do this?

Yes feedhold commands are available and effective during any motion caused
by EMC. (manual, auto, mdi, home)

The effect of feedhold is the same as pause when emc is in auto mode.

The problem becomes figuring out how to make a feedhold/pause available to
the operator who is "fearlessly editing" something else.

For those who use the Tcl/Tk gui's, it would be possible to place a
feedhold button on the bottom of all of the genedit editors and bind this
to some keystroke.

Ray

Discussion Thread

Ron Ginger 2000-05-03 07:51:59 UTC Conversational Programming and NAMES- very long! snapscottc@y... 2000-05-03 10:38:14 UTC Re: Conversational Programming and NAMES- very long! Carlos Guillermo 2000-05-03 11:16:15 UTC RE: CPNC and the BOX Pete Jarman 2000-05-03 13:02:41 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Conversational Programming and NAMES- very long! James Eckman 2000-05-04 07:14:27 UTC RE: Conversational Programming and NAMES- very long! Ray Henry 2000-05-04 11:23:46 UTC Re: Conversational Programming and NAMES- very long!