CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Denford Triac mill with Fanuc OM Mate control

dgsutton2000 wrote:

>Im interested in a Triac mill by Denford it's fitted with Fanuc OM
>Mate control but has an electrical fault. I know the mill uses A/C
>servos and is closed loop. If the Fanuc control is faulty I would
>refit PC control. Anyone any experiance of retrofitting PC controles
>to A/c servos or do I have to Junk the a/c servos and fit Gecko's
>and DC servos?

It depends entirely on what kind of servo drives it has. If it uses +/-
10 V
analog velocity signals, there are a couple of interfaces that will do it.
If it uses a proprietary control protocol for the CNC control to talk to the
drives, that can be a big problem. Can you get the model number of the
servo drives?

dgsutton2000 2004-08-17 13:37:20 UTC Denford Triac mill with Fanuc OM Mate control Jon Elson 2004-08-17 18:28:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Denford Triac mill with Fanuc OM Mate control Graham Sutton 2004-08-18 01:41:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Denford Triac mill with Fanuc OM Mate control Jon Elson 2004-08-18 09:39:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Denford Triac mill with Fanuc OM Mate control