CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Moglice? Where, and any experience with it?

Posted by afogassa
on 2004-08-25 14:57:58 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Abby Katt" <cnc@a...> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Does anyone know where to get Moglice in small quantities? Their
> website has no shop on it, just a contact form (ominous, as it
seems
> they are aiming at their big-machine market, like the room-sized
mill
> they give examples of).
>
> I was wondering if there was a small web shop which sells it?
Google
> didn't come up with much.. Also, does anyone have any experience
> working with this stuff? I want to tune up my lathe's main bearing,
> and the cross-slide's nut so they'll be more suitable for CNC
> operation than the wibbly mess I have now.
>
> What's your experience?
> ~Abby

There is another company that have moglice type stuff,
I've used it to do the grizzly minimill z axis sadle,
and it's also expensive.
With what I'got (don't remember how much was it) I did the z axis
sadle and had about half of what I got left at the end and it cost
me about 75 USD.
I had milled down the z axis sadle surface about 0.05" and filled
with resin.
It's kind of carbon grafite filled epoxi. You can scratch it very
easy, but it won't deform under pressure.
http://www.philadelphiaresins.com

Discussion Thread

Abby Katt 2004-08-25 09:12:47 UTC Moglice? Where, and any experience with it? Jon Elson 2004-08-25 10:51:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moglice? Where, and any experience with it? Tom Hubin 2004-08-25 11:06:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moglice? Where, and any experience with it? Randy Gordon-Gilmore 2004-08-25 12:53:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moglice? Where, and any experience with it? afogassa 2004-08-25 14:57:58 UTC Re: Moglice? Where, and any experience with it? Jon Elson 2004-08-25 18:14:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moglice? Where, and any experience with it?