CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moglice? Where, and any experience with it?

Abby Katt wrote:

>Guys,
>
>Does anyone know where to get Moglice in small quantities? Their
>website has no shop on it, just a contact form (ominous, as it seems
>they are aiming at their big-machine market, like the room-sized mill
>they give examples of).

Devitt Machinery is the US distributor of Moglice. I believe the maker is
Diamant. I'm sure there is a UK distributor for it.

>I was wondering if there was a small web shop which sells it? Google
>didn't come up with much.. Also, does anyone have any experience
>working with this stuff? I want to tune up my lathe's main bearing,
>and the cross-slide's nut so they'll be more suitable for CNC
>operation than the wibbly mess I have now.

As far as I know, 50 g (or maybe it is 100 g) is the smallest amount
available.
it comes in a metal can with a small metal vial of hardener. It is
quite expensive
stuff. I bought two of the smallest put-ups they had, and ended up
using both as
I didn't put enough of the glop on the first time and had big air
bubbles all over
the slide.

I don't think Moglice is recommended for spindle bearings. I don't
think it can
handle heat, and the pressure may be much higher than a lathe saddle,
for instance.

Also,a small cross slide nut may have higher pressure than Moglice is
designed
for. It is apparently good for large machine leadscrew nuts, where
replacement
cost would be huge. For a small lathe, making a new cross slide nut
shouldn't
be more than a weekend project. I did a new screw and nut for my old Atlas
10" lathe some years ago. I forgot it was a LEFT HAND screw, however, and
it was a bit confusing to use.

Abby Katt 2004-08-25 09:12:47 UTC Moglice? Where, and any experience with it? Jon Elson 2004-08-25 10:51:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moglice? Where, and any experience with it? Tom Hubin 2004-08-25 11:06:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moglice? Where, and any experience with it? Randy Gordon-Gilmore 2004-08-25 12:53:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moglice? Where, and any experience with it? afogassa 2004-08-25 14:57:58 UTC Re: Moglice? Where, and any experience with it? Jon Elson 2004-08-25 18:14:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Moglice? Where, and any experience with it?