CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] help needed on an old boss mill

a57chevytruckguy wrote:

>I have an old bridgeport boss mill(not sure of the number) it has 2
>iic 26lbs servo motors with tachs not encoders, The head was replaced
>with a series 1 clone which works fine....I would like to know where
>I can find the parts or kit and information on how to turn my mill
>back into a cnc mill....the ball screws are good-n-tight...no back
>lash (It is better than the mills I use at work...lol)any help I
>could get would be great! thanks to all!

There has to be an encoder or resolver somewhere on the machine. It may
not be on the motor itself, it might be on the end of the leadscrew.
Once you
have determined what the position feedback device is, you can go from there.

a57chevytruckguy 2004-08-26 09:44:17 UTC help needed on an old boss mill R Rogers 2004-08-26 16:42:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] help needed on an old boss mill Jon Elson 2004-08-26 21:21:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] help needed on an old boss mill