CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: die grinder - HF trim router

Posted by Bob McKnight
on 2004-09-13 21:59:43 UTC
I have a Dumore which has been a good grinder, but
they don't provide a square surfacr to mount. I understand
that if they want you to mount to a tool post, they provide
a square surface, If it is just to be used by hand, no
mounting surfaces are provided. The trimming router
has provisions for mounting. I considered using the
HF Hi speed spiral cutout, but there is no provision for
mounting. It is about the same price as the trimmer so
I will keep the spiral for what it was intended, cutting
outlet holes in drywall. HF doesn't come close to
some of the more professional tools in quality, but
I am not using them for production. I can slow down
a little bit and if I do break something, it doesn't set
me back that much.
bob mcknight

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Bob McKnight"
<bobmcknight@c...> wrote:
> I want to use my Max NC for pcb drilling, I understand that
> speed and lack of play are prerequisites for long life of the
> drill. With that in mind, I don't think I would start with a used
> spindle when new ones are in the $20 range. I have had excellent
> results from the 4 inch angel head grinders. I am gathering parts
> for a CNC router and plan on using the harbor Freight trimming
> router for the spindle. bob mcknight

I purchased a HF die grinder and the body is plastic and hard to hold
firmly.

the collet was so poor that I had to re-make one for myself and also
grind the spindle to remove the rough surface in it.

I can't see such a unit being better than the Max NC spindle.

Dave

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

wanliker@...,
timg@... Moderator: pentam@...
indigo_red@... davemucha@... [Moderators] URL to
this
group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
it if you have trouble. http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC
DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
EXCEPTIONS........
bill List Mom List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2004-09-13 13:40:25 UTC die grinder Bob McKnight 2004-09-13 14:28:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] die grinder jesse brennan 2004-09-13 14:56:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] die grinder turbulatordude 2004-09-13 19:07:49 UTC Re: die grinder Bob McKnight 2004-09-13 19:28:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: die grinder turbulatordude 2004-09-13 21:29:57 UTC Re: die grinder - HF trim router Bob McKnight 2004-09-13 21:59:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: die grinder - HF trim router