CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sound logic breakout question

on 2004-09-23 20:35:43 UTC
Ron,

The green Led on the board only indicates that there is AC power to the
board. At that point all three power supplies will have power.

All the voltages are isolated from the LPT port .All you need to do is
provide power to the board.

If you want to turn on a solid state relay at that point, you could wire the
12 volts from any of the limit screw terminals to a solid state relay and
the ground from the relay back to a ground screw terminal.

Bob Campbell
Bob@...
www.campbelldesigns.com
Breakout board
THC board sets
CNC router plans
Stepper Motors
VisualMill Basic
----- Original Message -----
From: "R Rogers" <rogersmach@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 9:53 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sound logic breakout question

> Hi all,
>
> My machine control is wired so everything in the control is turned on and
> off through a main relay wired to the "Start" and "E-stop" circuit. When I
> shut down, it shuts the whole control down even the Mach2 breakout board.
>
> I want to wire it so if the computer is off, the machine control cannot be
> started. I'm aware that output 4 is activated when the software is up and
> software E-stop cleared however, I have to start the control which
> energizes the B/out board so the output 4 would be energized. I'm wanting
> to add a solid state relay in the start circuit off of output 4. But I
> have to start the control to energize it. I dont want to wire the Breakout
> board seperate from the rest of the control. I like the fact that when I
> shut down, it kills everything.
>
> Here is my question: I noticed with the control shut down and the PC
> running there is an LED in the middle of the board illuminated obviously
> receiving power from the LPT port. Is there somewhere on the board in this
> state that I can get a low voltage that is isolated from the LPT port to
> control a solid state relay that would in turn allow the control to be
> started?
>
> So, if the PC is on I can start the control. If the PC is off the control
> Start circuit would be inactive. It would be nice if the PC on and Mach2
> loaded and cleared were the only way the control could be started.
> Possibly an unused output pin at the LPT in Mach2? Or maybe just another
> switch/relay to turn the B/out board on first at start up?
>
> Ron

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble.

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for
> OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

R Rogers 2004-09-23 19:53:39 UTC Sound logic breakout question Robert Campbell 2004-09-23 20:35:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sound logic breakout question james_cullins@s... 2004-09-24 05:51:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sound logic breakout question R Rogers 2004-09-24 07:28:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sound logic breakout question Stephen Wille Padnos 2004-09-24 08:25:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sound logic breakout question jimalb2309 2004-09-24 11:09:03 UTC Re: Sound logic breakout question james_cullins@s... 2004-09-24 12:13:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sound logic breakout question R Rogers 2004-09-24 12:51:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sound logic breakout question