CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Need Help w/ EMC and Brushless servos

siado01 wrote:

>Jon,
>
>Thanks for the quick response. Your message prompted me to do a little in-depth reading
>on the spec sheets of these guys and I think I have more questions now than before. I'm
>convinced that they will work but I'm a little confused on how they hook up. The OEM
>770T is a torque control design which uses the hall effect sensors on the SM232BENFLN
>servos. These servos also have a 1000 line encoder which apparently does not connect to
>the driver. Now, do these encoders connect back to the controller board for position
>information or am I amiss of something?

A torque servo amplifier doesn't need any information from the motor, it
just provides
current proportional to the command from the CNC control. (For
brushless motors,
it needs commutation info, of course.)

A velocity servo amp needs some way to determine motor velocity, and can
use a
tachometer or encoder. It then forces the actual velocity to be exactly
proportional
to commanded velocity.

The encoder would be connected to the CNC control. But, it has to be a
CNC control
program that handles servo operation, such as EMC.

siado01 2004-09-26 09:31:22 UTC Need Help w/ EMC and Brushless servos Jon Elson 2004-09-26 10:02:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need Help w/ EMC and Brushless servos siado01 2004-09-26 15:58:21 UTC Re: Need Help w/ EMC and Brushless servos Jon Elson 2004-09-26 17:13:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Need Help w/ EMC and Brushless servos Paul 2004-09-26 18:19:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need Help w/ EMC and Brushless servos