CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on hobby retrofit of TNC150 control

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2004-10-09 14:33:50 UTC
I have some west amp 6533 servo amps that I just removed from my $750 Tree
Mill. What you have sounds similar to my old installation. Indeed the
servo motors should have two heavy gage two wires for the motor power. The
X axis motor power leads were connected to TBS 1 black and TBS-2 red. The
tachometer attached on the end of the servo motor connected to TBX pin 4
black and pin 3 red . The command signals from the computer were term 2 red
and 3 blk. The shield for these connected to term 9.
While the information I have is incomplete it does indicate that the encoder
were connected to the cpu. the +/- 15 was send from the cpu to terminal 2
and the ground for the above went to term 4.
If this seems similar to your let me know. I can scan that page and email it
to you.
Last there is the possibly that one of the westamp repair facilities may
have the connection diagrams. Do a google search on westamp servo amp
repair. Or try calling Fryer Machine Systems . 1-845-878-2500 I found some
stickers on my old servo amps that had their phone number as the repair
facility. I bet they would fax you a connection sketch.
Dan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Anderson" <janders@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 12:28 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on hobby retrofit of TNC150 control

> A friend of mine bought a Heidendhein TNC 150 controlled Wells Index
> mill. He would like to convert this to PC based control, and asked me to
> help.
>
> The servo motors have what I assume is tachometers, there are only two
> wires for the motor and two wires from the device at the end of the
> motor shaft. There are linear scales on all three axis.
> Tracing back the encoder and tach wires, both end up at the servo drive
> cards as I expected. We are hoping to use the Rutex step/dir to analog
> converters, and retain the servo amps/motors.
>
> Amps are Westamp model A6514-10KS. What I take to be the inputs to the
> cards are two connectors with two wires of each of the following colors
> crimped to the same connectors:
> red, gray, blue, purple and the other connector has yellow, black,
> green. To clarify, there are two red wires to the same pin, two gray
> wires to the same pin, etc.
>
> Is anyone familiar with this model Westamp amplifier and possibly able
> to help walk me through interfacing the Rutex converters?
>
> We are trying to keep costs down, and reusing the amps/motors seems for
> sure the cheapest route. The alternative is to ebay motors/amps/control
> and go with steppers. But we would both like to try to keep the servos
> if we can.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Jon

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble.

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for
> OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Jon Anderson 2004-10-09 12:30:18 UTC Question on hobby retrofit of TNC150 control Dan Mauch 2004-10-09 14:33:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on hobby retrofit of TNC150 control Jon Anderson 2004-10-09 14:59:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on hobby retrofit of TNC150 control Dan Mauch 2004-10-10 05:53:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on hobby retrofit of TNC150 control