CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Rutex relay board crashes system

Posted by washcomp
on 2004-11-05 14:43:54 UTC
Derek:

FIRST (I typed this last, but if you read on you'll understand why I
put it first). Check your grounding system from where the poewer
comes from the wall all through your setup. Look for ground loops,
loose grounds, shorted stuff.

Could be lots of things. The way to troubleshoot this is to break
the problem into seperate pieces.

First (assuming it's not on the motherboard), remove the parralel
port (both physicaly and through <SETTINGS><CONTROL PANEL>< DEVICE
MANAGER< ETC>)and the whole attached setup and re-boot the PC. If
you get the same results, the problem is with the PC (again could be
lots of things, but solution set is different).

OK, let's assume the PC works so far. Reinstall the parallel board
without anything else. Reboot. Then the cable. Reboot. etc., etc.
See where we are heading?

My uneducated opinion is that you may have either dropped a ground
wire (or aquired an unwanted ground) somewhere in your system. It
could also be a ground loop which has been there all along, but now
has decided to plague you. I suspect that noise would give less
consistant results. Take a CLOSE look at your wiring. You could
find something there.

Give this a shot and let us know what happens.

Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Derek" <tig416@e...> wrote:

> Hi
> I just developed a problem in that when I turn on my spindle
through Mach2 it causes the computer to go to blue screen with the
word" Problem with hardware call vendor" or something like that. It
does it even with the VFD off. That's what leads me to believe it's
the relay board. Is it possible that it's the parallel port freaking
out?

> I know this is a tough one to advise on but I thought I'd throw it
out there before I ordered another board.

> Thanks
> Derek

Discussion Thread

Derek 2004-11-05 14:29:39 UTC Rutex relay board crashes system washcomp 2004-11-05 14:43:54 UTC Re: Rutex relay board crashes system