CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

now Probes? Re: working great now! Bridgeport, Mach2, Geckos

Posted by Keith Clark
on 2004-11-22 05:23:07 UTC
Ron,

I bet one could program just that with a visual basic macro. Guess
you would need a probe to sense the part? By the way I wonder if
anyone out there can recommend inexpensive but effective probes?

Thanks,

Keith

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, R Rogers <rogersmach@y...>
wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> Great to hear everything is working out for you. Mach2 is an
awesome program, the new programming wizards are the best. Mach2,
Bob Campbell and Gecko are a tough to beat trio. They work very well
together. In regards to the microstepping with steppers, I recall
the guy from microkinetics stating that microstepping vastly
improves the performance of steppers. I wish Mach2 had one little
feature added and that is a button that would divide X or Y axis
value for like centering up on a shaft. zero out on one side pick up
the other side split the the value and take you right to center.

> Ron
>
> Keith Clark <mail@t...> wrote:
>

> After dropping the rapid speeds and lowering the pulse rate of
> Mach2, my Bridgeport is running great with no stalling and no
> heating of the Geckos. It is incredible how powerful and complete
> Mach2 is. Having control of the spindle direction, home positions,
> fixture offsets, the ability to do tapping and helical threading
> just to name a few of the many improvements I am lucky to have. It
> is amazing how inexpensive Mach2 is.
>
> Many had faith in the Geckos and they were correct to point me
away
> from the drives as the source of my problems. My stepper motors
are
> smooth and powerful. The Campbell breakout board is great with
> isolation and protection built in - a very inexpensive but
excellent
> product as well
>
> Mariss had suggested that I would get quieter and smoother
> performance with the microstepper drive. It is amazing how bright
> and shiny the surfaces are now using the same bits and parameters
as
> I used to use with the original Boss 6 controller. The old machine
> stalled when the weather was cold, and I never saw such mirror
> finishes as I do now.
>
> Thanks for all the help. We will see if the current configuration
> holds up over the long term. So far so good.
>
> Keith Clark

timg@k...
> Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j... [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if you have trouble.

be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........