CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Help with Bridgeport BOSS 7.2 BTC-1

Posted by bergmansb
on 2004-11-22 17:03:27 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Doug Chartier <doug@c...>
wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> I'm not familiar with that control, but I don't see anywhere in your
post
> where you have homed the system. Homing is automatic on my BOSS 9
after
> pressing the proper button. It runs to limit switches on all axis,
sets
> the home position, and then all controls and movements work as
> designed. Only thing that works prior to homing is slow jog.
Nothing else
> will work until the machine is homed which has to be done each time
the
> machine is turned on. Assume that is how the 7.2 has to start too.
>
> Doug C.
> Houston, Tex.

Doug thank you for the reply.
I have tried to home the machine, however the axis drift is causing
the machine to trip the limits. The greater problem now is the control
will not complete its CRC check. This occurred after I removed and
cleaned the buss contacts on the LSI-11 and RRS logic boards in the
control cabinet. Is there something special I need to do if I have
removed the LSI-11 board? (Like depress some button or switch while
powering up?)
Thanks again, Stephen

Discussion Thread

bergmansb 2004-11-22 07:24:38 UTC Help with Bridgeport BOSS 7.2 BTC-1 Doug Chartier 2004-11-22 09:56:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with Bridgeport BOSS 7.2 BTC-1 bergmansb 2004-11-22 17:03:27 UTC Re: Help with Bridgeport BOSS 7.2 BTC-1 erie 2004-11-22 19:03:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Help with Bridgeport BOSS 7.2 BTC-1