CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Closed Loop PC Based CNC

on 2004-11-24 10:34:24 UTC
Gary,

No estimate at all. Right now it's just an interesting lab circuit
that will be turned into a product after a lot of development work.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, gary <garyclick1@c...> wrote:
> [...]
increasing
> >load would ultimately slow the motor down to its holding torque
(zero
> >speed). Past that, it would misposition but the encoder would
allow
> >it to recover position once the overload was relieved.
> >
> >This past week I cobbled together a strange combination of a G320
> >(encoder inputs, summing junction and a PID loop), a G210 (a VCO
and
> >step motor drive) and a G2002 (a motion controller step/direction
> >source). It was enough to demonstrate the feasability of this
idea,
> >feeble and limited as it was.
> >
> >I am coding up the G2002 to move the encoder inputs, summing node
and
> >PID loop to reside within it. This will allow it to control an
> >ordinary step drive (G201) external to it when the driven motor is
> >encoder mounted. The results should be interesting because of the
> >goal.
> >
> >Mariss
> >

> >--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "nitewatchman5"
> ><garyclick1@c...> wrote:
> >

> >>I have a Bench Mill currently running with stepper motors in an
open
> >>loop configuration. We are running production parts in fixtures
and
> >>after running several parts to several dozen parts, sizes and
> >>locations start to drift due to missed steps. Slowing traverse
> >>

> >rates
> >

> >>down and extending longer acc/dec ramps helps but the problem is
> >>

> >still
> >

> >>there depending upon cutting forces and the shear number of axis
> >>reversal moves. Additionally, slowing the machine to fit the
> >>speed/torque curve of the stepper motors increases the part cycle
> >>

> >time
> >

> >>and the part cost directly.
> >>
> >>As a solution I want to take this machine to a true closed-loop
> >>

> >system
> >

> >>using AC Servo Motors. While I have retro-fitted several large
> >>machines (25'+ travel) with Fagor and AB 9-Series controls,
> >>maintaining a PC based control presents some problems.
> >>
> >>A likely scenario would be to use a matched servo drive and motor
> >>combination such as the Yaskawa DR-1/SGM set for each axis. The
> >>encoder feedback from the motor for commutation can be redirected
> >>

> >to a
> >

> >>Controller board in the PC for position error control. The
> >>

> >controller
> >

> >>would output a +/-10VDC analog signal to the Servo Amps to control
> >>speed and direction. The calculated following error can then be
> >>intergrated into a PID Loop to control speed, torque and location.
> >>
> >>There are several interesting controllers on the market such as
the
> >>Galil, Delta Tau and Servo to Go. The Galil especially looks very
> >>powerful and is sometimes found on eBay for a reasonable price.
The

wanliker@a..., timg@k...
> >Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
[Moderators]
> >URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> >OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> >If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
it if you have trouble.
> >http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> >NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> >bill
> >List Mom
> >List Owner
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Links

nitewatchman5 2004-11-23 06:07:15 UTC Closed Loop PC Based CNC Les Newell 2004-11-23 06:47:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Closed Loop PC Based CNC gary 2004-11-23 07:53:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Closed Loop PC Based CNC Les Newell 2004-11-23 08:20:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Closed Loop PC Based CNC gary 2004-11-23 08:40:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Closed Loop PC Based CNC Jon Elson 2004-11-23 10:06:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Closed Loop PC Based CNC Paul 2004-11-23 10:52:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Closed Loop PC Based CNC Mariss Freimanis 2004-11-23 17:36:18 UTC Re: Closed Loop PC Based CNC caudlet 2004-11-23 17:46:07 UTC Re: Closed Loop PC Based CNC Peter Renolds 2004-11-23 20:25:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Closed Loop PC Based CNC Jon Elson 2004-11-23 20:47:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Closed Loop PC Based CNC John Heritage 2004-11-24 01:04:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Closed Loop PC Based CNC Pauls Mail 2004-11-24 07:05:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Closed Loop PC Based CNC gary 2004-11-24 08:32:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Closed Loop PC Based CNC Ron Kline 2004-11-24 09:42:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Closed Loop PC Based CNC Jon Elson 2004-11-24 10:10:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Closed Loop PC Based CNC Mariss Freimanis 2004-11-24 10:34:24 UTC Re: Closed Loop PC Based CNC