CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com

on 2004-12-24 19:52:15 UTC
Sine you sent payment threw the mail. Can you go after him for
mail fraud? I had to do that with a business. Just had to fill out some
forms with the post office.

At 03:39 PM 12/24/2004, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I ordered an instant Z-axis and PCB spindle from Paul Jones
>(cnconabudget.com) sometime in February 2003, paid by money order.
>After about one month of no arrival, I began emailing him regularly,
>during which time he would promise 'the end of this week' or 'I have
>just one to go before yours.' This occurred repeatedly for a period of
>around six months before he claimed to have sent it. It still did not
>arrive for a period of one month. He then claimed his 'shipper' stole
>it and that he would send another. This also never occurred. He gave
>me the email address of another person who had had a Z-axis shipped
>that didn't arrive which he claimed was stolen by his shipper in the
>same shipment. Ultimately he took my money but I received no product.
>
>The following are some of the suspect and unprofessional aspects of my
>transaction (unfortunately, in hindsight):
>
>-he demanded money up front but would not accept any form of payment
>with buyer protection, such as COD or PayPal.
>-he implied his units were ready to ship
>-he did not post his telephone number on his website
>-he claimed that my order had not been completed for six months after
>payment
>-he continued to develop new 'products' such the router holder, taig
>and sherline adapters, before completing my order
>-he claimed that my order had shipped USPS and that it was undeclared
>and uninsured to prevent my having to pay tax at the border (I live in
>Canada)
>-he claimed his shipper stole the order (I don't understand where a
>third party fits in if the package was shipped US mail).
>-contradictions in his email excusemaking (such as my order being
>next, then several weeks later 'only one to go before yours' promises)
>-his unfulfilled promise to send another axis, which a professional
>would have done immediately
>-his eventual complete ignorance of my emails.
>
>I have attempted to email many times in the last year--around
>Christmas of last year is when he stopped responding to me altogether.
>
>I would like to warn everyone in this community of my experience and
>encourage them to beware of doing business with Paul Jones--he did not
>handle our transaction professionally even before it became apparent
>that I would not be receiving anything from him.
>
>Sincerely,
>Andrew Barrow
>

>Addresses:
>Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
>
>Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
>timg@...
>Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@...
>davemucha@... [Moderators]
>
>OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
>If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects
>goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
>reach it if you have trouble.
>http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

> [...]

Discussion Thread

bluecoast1 2004-12-24 15:39:26 UTC BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com Scott A. Stephens 2004-12-24 19:52:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com turbulatordude 2004-12-24 23:26:41 UTC Re: BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com John Labutski 2004-12-25 08:53:36 UTC Re: BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com Raymond Heckert 2004-12-25 15:49:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com wanliker@a... 2004-12-25 17:06:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com