CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com

Posted by John Labutski
on 2004-12-25 08:53:36 UTC
Hello Andrew

These situations may be covered by both mail fraud and wire fraud in
the USA. If you have this individual's mailing address, send him a
letter via registered mail demanding evidence of shipment. One of
the problems shipping to Canada, the Canadian postal service likes to
sit on items where they feel duties need to be paid. It may very well
be that these items are sitting someware. Also if the firm is non-
responsive you have the option of filing a formal complaint with the
US Postal service. Because of the heavy fines and prison time
involved the US post office loves to go after cases that are clearly
illegal. The main thing is to determine where "murphy is". Try and
get a bank id number from the money order. The more work you do from
your end assists the US postal service in making their determination.

I also suggest you join each of the forums on yahoo that cover cnc as
well as manual machines. It may be a bit of typing but the "squeaky
gear gets the oil" and you can post your complaints there and send
this firm a copy of each posting. This way you can find out if
others have complaints or are satisfied with the service and
delivery. Also join CNCzone and post your request for what you paid
for there. In my opinion a year is unreasonably long to resolve this
problem. It may very well be an innocent situation, but you owe it
to yourself and others to pursue it to a successful conclusion. This
will be of benefit to both parties (you and him).

John

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "bluecoast1" <bluecoast@h...>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ordered an instant Z-axis and PCB spindle from Paul Jones
> (cnconabudget.com) sometime in February 2003, paid by money order.
> After about one month of no arrival, I began emailing him regularly,
> during which time he would promise 'the end of this week' or 'I have
> just one to go before yours.' This occurred repeatedly for a period
of
> around six months before he claimed to have sent it. It still did
not
> arrive for a period of one month. He then claimed his 'shipper'
stole
> it and that he would send another. This also never occurred. He gave
> me the email address of another person who had had a Z-axis shipped
> that didn't arrive which he claimed was stolen by his shipper in the
> same shipment. Ultimately he took my money but I received no
product.

> The following are some of the suspect and unprofessional aspects of
my
> transaction (unfortunately, in hindsight):
>
> -he demanded money up front but would not accept any form of payment
> with buyer protection, such as COD or PayPal.
> -he implied his units were ready to ship
> -he did not post his telephone number on his website
> -he claimed that my order had not been completed for six months
after
> payment
> -he continued to develop new 'products' such the router holder, taig
> and sherline adapters, before completing my order
> -he claimed that my order had shipped USPS and that it was
undeclared
> and uninsured to prevent my having to pay tax at the border (I live
in
> Canada)
> -he claimed his shipper stole the order (I don't understand where a
> third party fits in if the package was shipped US mail).
> -contradictions in his email excusemaking (such as my order being
> next, then several weeks later 'only one to go before yours'
promises)
> -his unfulfilled promise to send another axis, which a professional
> would have done immediately
> -his eventual complete ignorance of my emails.
>
> I have attempted to email many times in the last year--around
> Christmas of last year is when he stopped responding to me
altogether.

> I would like to warn everyone in this community of my experience and
> encourage them to beware of doing business with Paul Jones--he did
not
> handle our transaction professionally even before it became apparent
> that I would not be receiving anything from him.
>
> Sincerely,
> Andrew Barrow

Discussion Thread

bluecoast1 2004-12-24 15:39:26 UTC BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com Scott A. Stephens 2004-12-24 19:52:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com turbulatordude 2004-12-24 23:26:41 UTC Re: BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com John Labutski 2004-12-25 08:53:36 UTC Re: BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com Raymond Heckert 2004-12-25 15:49:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com wanliker@a... 2004-12-25 17:06:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BEWARE Paul Jones aka cnconabudget.com