CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridgeport Steppers with API 260 drives

Posted by washcomp
on 2005-01-23 17:03:26 UTC
John:

I'm close, but no cigar. I am running the original BP steppers on
API CMD-260's. I've got them wired half winding at about 5 amps if I
remember right. When I strarted pushing the high end of the current
range, one of them kept tripping out. It was over a year ago, so I
forget the details, but I did put a fan directly on top of that drive
and the problem seems to have gone away. Drives are also arrached to
a 10"x20" heat sink with fans blowing across them (I figured that I
may want to kick up the current again some day). I'm running at
about 72 volts DC into the motors.

Sorry, it's not quite the same.

Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "John Stevenson" <john@s...>
wrote:

> Anyone running a Bridgy on original motors with API 260 drives in
> parallel at the full 8 amps?
> I have seen some posts where people are using them in series but not
> parallel.
> I have one here that trips out sometimes on firts strt up and
> sometimes after a few minutes.
> All four drives are doing this and there is no consistancy to it.
> Power supply is 58 volts DC.
> Swopped spare API drives into the circuit but same thing, could
fault
> out at any time.
>
> John S.

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2005-01-23 14:57:51 UTC Bridgeport Steppers with API 260 drives washcomp 2005-01-23 17:03:26 UTC Re: Bridgeport Steppers with API 260 drives Brad Eyben 2005-01-23 18:53:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Steppers with API 260 drives