CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Question about how to set up VFD for braking resistor

Posted by cnc_4_me
on 2005-01-26 19:07:00 UTC
I do not have a answer to your braking resistor question, but there
was a thread on VFD on bridgeports a week or so ago...It was pointed
out if you slow the motor down more than 50% you are loosing a lot of
your cooling power of the motor mounted fan...Watch motor temp and
mount a external fan if needed...

Wally

http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmdrive.nsf/SearchV/86256EC30069E43286256C
> C8006E080F?OpenDocument
>
> http://www.idmcontrols.com/downloads/manuals/G5+_Manual_0103.pdf
>
> I've still got to tweak MACH3 a bit more (I mis-understood some of
> the OEM codes and have to change them), but then I'm about done
with
> my retrofit (exactly two years and two redo's of the controls) and
> have no more excuses to prevent me from turning out copious
> quantities of parts (not sure what those are, but everyone says
> that's what you're supposed to make with one of these things <G>)
>
> Regards,
> Jeff

Discussion Thread

washcomp 2005-01-26 18:56:19 UTC Question about how to set up VFD for braking resistor cnc_4_me 2005-01-26 19:07:00 UTC Re: Question about how to set up VFD for braking resistor washcomp 2005-01-26 19:47:58 UTC Re: Question about how to set up VFD for braking resistor Jon Elson 2005-01-26 22:20:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question about how to set up VFD for braking resistor washcomp 2005-01-27 04:59:32 UTC Re: Question about how to set up VFD for braking resistor Jon Elson 2005-01-27 10:31:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question about how to set up VFD for braking resistor washcomp 2005-01-27 11:55:22 UTC Re: Question about how to set up VFD for braking resistor washcomp 2005-01-27 14:21:35 UTC Re: Answer about how to set up VFD for braking resistor Jon Elson 2005-01-27 21:25:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question about how to set up VFD for braking resistor