CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC E-Stop and stepper machine setup

Posted by Bruce
on 2000-05-25 17:40:45 UTC
Tim Goldstein wrote:

> The problem is that the generic.ini is using the bridgeportio program and it
> is expecting a 2nd parallel port. If you go down to the io section of the
> .ini file (after the 3rd axis stuff) you will see where the entries are for
> the io task. Comment out bridgeportio and uncomment the minimillio. You then
> may need to change the ESTOP_SENSE_POLARITY.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Tim,

Thanks for the response. I tried your suggestions and I still cannot
get out of E-stop. Well, I get "E-Stop reset" but I cannot get the
"machine" to turn to "on". I have tried the sim.run and it works fine,
but I cannot get the emc.run to turn on.

I even have read the "help-trouble shooting" about changing the
polarity of the soft limits ect and still nothing.

Thanks again for the help,
Bruce Clark

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 2000-05-24 08:37:48 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC E-Stop and stepper machine setup Bruce 2000-05-25 17:40:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC E-Stop and stepper machine setup Darrell 2000-05-26 09:48:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC E-Stop and stepper machine setup