CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Automatic Lubricator

Posted by Bruce Pigeon
on 2005-02-12 07:25:30 UTC
-------Original Message-------

From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Date: 02/12/05 02:59:57
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Automatic Lubricator

<<It should be possible to have a piston for each oiling point rather than
having a
manifold. >>

Sounds great. But how do you plan to deliver oil to each piston? An
individual reservoir
for each piston or a reservoir with a manifold to feed each piston? I am
not trying to be
smart, just posing some questions for you to consider when you start your
design phase.
To me it sounds like 6 of one and half a dozen of another.

Maybe someone could justdesign a motorized cam operated pump conversion
assembly,
that would pump the pump once every hour or so. Frequency could be
determined by the
motor speed. Or could someone design a system that uses a normally closed
air valve
connected to a air cylinder, that could be become a part of the cnc cycle.
To be actuated
at the beginning of a cycle and then at predetermined cycles thereafter.
Thereby integrating
this into the scheme of what we are doing. Converting and building cnc
systems from scratch.

Just more food for thought. I just love these lists. They are really an on
line think tank. What
a way to get the juices flowing. No idea is wrong, just as no question is
dumb. Just the ideas
you don't share or questions you do not ask. I have several other scenerios
but I think they may
be to off the wall to post, I will have to think more about them first.

Have a great day, gone fishing.

Bruce

> >I have a number of different machines, Bridgeport Clone, Horizontal
miller,

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec
crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.