CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MPG, driving the knee

Posted by R Rogers
on 2005-02-14 05:36:27 UTC
Another plus of driving the knee, roll out spindle and touch, lock spindle, zero out software. Done.

Ron

Les Newell <lesnewell@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Why not feed the MPG output straight into Mach3?

1. Start with an encoder
2. Attach a hand wheel
3. Connect to Mach3
4. Mach3 controls the motors

This way Mach3 always knows where the machine is. When operating the wheel Mach2 will ensure that you don't exceed the motor's maximum speed or acceleration. If you use a reasonably high resolution encoder (500CPR) then the response is very much like a mechanical handwheel.

Les

--

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com