CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Shoptask: order with ballscrews or not?

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 2000-05-30 08:40:11 UTC
I have an older model Shoptask setup with CNC and I am quite happy with it.
A few cautions. The dimensions are a little misleading. You definitely do
not get 20" center to center, but the swing is about right. You may want to
check out my website at http://www.ktmarketing.com
I have a lot of info on the Shoptask and my adventures in conversion to CNC
including making my own ball screw setup. If you want to purchase the ball
screw setup (which is probably what I would do in hindsight) I would get it
from C&G Research ( http://candgresearch.domainvalet.com/ ) It is $200
cheaper and from what I understand a better conversion.
Regarding the Quadralift, a year or so ago I heard some complaints about it,
but now all I hear is good reports. Your mileage may vary.
If you have not found it yet you should take a look at the Shoptask forum at
http://www.delphi.com/Shoptask/start

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 2000-05-30 08:40:11 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Shoptask: order with ballscrews or not?