CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with Control Board - Bipolar Steppers

on 2005-02-27 19:51:25 UTC
On Sunday 27 February 2005 06:45 pm, Luke1027 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone please tell me if this control broad will work for controlling
> (3) Bipolar Stepper motors?

I used to have a "control broad", but divorced her.

> I do not know how to read schematics yet and cannot I tell by the specs
> on this broad if it will work to control three motors or just one. I am
> sure many are thinking, then why are you looking at controllers/motors? My
> answer would be, to learn how they work. I have been reading and reading,
> but without the hands on experience it seems moot. So I want to buy a
> controller and motors to started working with, but I do not want to spend
> much at this time as it is not time for practical building yet. I figured
> building a small table top router (24" x 24" x 4") would give me a practical
> project to take me into an application that would apply the controller and
> motors I purchase. My final goal is to convert over my Boss5 to servos.
> But I don't really think it would be wise to spend the money needed to do so
> until I have some basic knowledge on the electronics beyond what it takes to
> do such a project.
>
> In any case, these are the specs of this inexpensive controller board
> I would like to purchase, that is if it will serve the first baby steps
> needed
> to train me:
>

> Multi Stepper Motor Driver and Control Board
> (One) STK6822H Bipolar Driver,
> Data Sheet 52V 2.5A per phase max.
> (One) STK6982H 4° Unipolar Stepper Driver
> 52V 2.5A per phase max.,
> 2 SLA 4031 (D) Dual Darlington Sink Driver with
> flywheel diodes.
> 4A @120V max each section.
> HFE 2000 min 5000 typical.
> Board is 4½" X 13"
> Aluminum chassis/heatsink 12"L x 4½"W x 2½"H.
> Board also has (2x) 12MHz crystals, power transistors,
> logic and 28 dip switches for configuration/fine tuning.
>
> Here is the PDF file of the Schematic, does this schematic have all I need
> to get this borad working ... that is if a guy know how to read it?:
> www.pennswoods.net/~luke1027/Control_Schematic.pdf

That's not a schematic of what you describe above, it's apparently a data
sheet for _one_ part, the STK6820, which isn't either of the ones mentioned
above.

> And Here is a picture of the board itself:
> http://www.pennswoods.net/~luke1027/Control.jpg
>
> Thanks for any advice on this controller,

That doesn't look like anything I'd want to mess with, personally, and I
have a fair amount of electronics background.

Discussion Thread

vinnygenovese 2005-02-27 14:31:50 UTC driving large DC motor questions Lance Hopper 2005-02-27 15:05:07 UTC Re: driving large DC motor questions Luke1027 2005-02-27 15:45:58 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with Control Board - Bipolar Steppers Dan Mauch 2005-02-27 17:45:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] driving large DC motor questions turbulatordude 2005-02-27 18:03:55 UTC Re: Help with Control Board - Bipolar Steppers Luke1027 2005-02-27 18:36:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Help with Control Board - Bipolar Steppers turbulatordude 2005-02-27 18:43:29 UTC Re: Help with Control Board - Bipolar Steppers Roy J. Tellason 2005-02-27 19:51:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with Control Board - Bipolar Steppers Luke1027 2005-02-28 01:29:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help with Control Board - Bipolar Steppers