CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for CNC!

on 2005-03-07 04:40:38 UTC
from experance,
It does not matter what price you pay for the best kit on the planet, or
how much experance you have, the kids will go their own way regardless of
your whishes

roger RF design engineer

Original Message:
-----------------
From: luke1027home luke1027@...
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:46:25 -0000
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for
CNC!

I want to introduce my sons to Electronics.
Since we Home School our boys and I know near nothing about
Electronics and/or reading Schematics I thought the best way to get
them started would be an Electronics Kit that has Basic Projects
(Hands On) already defined. A Basic Electronics Kit that would have
detailed Illustrated Instruction manuals that will go into a step-by-
step process of learning Electronics. I also feel I can work with
them on this to learn myself as well.

My Question to the Group is this:
Does anyone know where I can purchase a QUALITY Electronics Kit (with
Hands On Projects) that would train one to learn and build confidence
in most of the Basic skills needed to start understanding
Electronics? The Goal here
is to gain enough Electronic Skills to build a Table Top CNC Router.
Not just to build this
CNC, but to understand the Electronics behind the
Power supply, Controller Drives, motors, and switches needed to make
CNC work.

I am considering this kit:
http://www.alliedind.com/91500.htm

Thanks for any advice or pointers.

Luke

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for
OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

http://mail2web.com/ .

Discussion Thread

r_.hampson@t... 2005-03-07 04:40:38 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for CNC! Enviromen 2005-03-08 03:50:50 UTC Re: “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for CNC! washcomp 2005-03-08 04:25:28 UTC Re: “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for CNC!