CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for CNC!

Posted by washcomp
on 2005-03-08 04:25:28 UTC
Try: http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/

The components for the experiments can be picked up at Radio Shack or
(cheaper) at www.mouser.com (another source, but with a 5$ surcharge
if you don't hit a $25 minimum is www.digikey.com)

Looking over the material on the above site, I would say that it is
about as good as it gets for the non-engineer to get a pretty fair
understandings of the workings of electricity. I would take the
courses in the order they are posted there. There is also an
experiments section which follows the coursework and a reference
section.

Once you get these digested, following the discussions about more
specialized devices (servos, steppers, relays, logic circuits, etc.)
will be a lot easier. The courses don't cover everything, but will
give you the underlying foundation to read up on whatever else
interests you.

Better quit now while I'm ahead before the group mom shoots me for
being OT :-)

Hope this helps,
Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Enviromen" <enviromen@g...>
wrote:

> I am highly interested to know more about learning electronics and
> kits as it is closely interrelated to CNC. If this topic get ruled
OT,
> hope you will repost it on another cnc list where we can get
> where definations of On Topic subjects are a bit more flexible.
>
> Enviro Men
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "r_.hampson@t..."
> <r_.hampson@t...> wrote:
> > from experance,
> > It does not matter what price you pay for the best kit on the
planet, or
> > how much experance you have, the kids will go their own way
> regardless of
> > your whishes
> >
> > roger RF design engineer

Router.

wanliker@a...,
> > timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
> > [Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
> reach it if
> > you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> > sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
> there, for
> > OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
> THEM.
> > DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

--
> > http://mail2web.com/ .

Discussion Thread

r_.hampson@t... 2005-03-07 04:40:38 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for CNC! Enviromen 2005-03-08 03:50:50 UTC Re: “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for CNC! washcomp 2005-03-08 04:25:28 UTC Re: “Elementary, My Dear Watson”…Its Electronics for CNC!