CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for a low cost CAD program for Wind ows XP, USB port

Posted by Andy Wander
on 2005-03-27 13:01:23 UTC
IntelliCAD 5.0 SE from autodsys.com is $149 and is totally AutoCAD
compatible.

Andy Wander
Verrex Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: linkmo420 [mailto:dshah@...]
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 12:49 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for a low cost CAD program for
Windows XP, USB port

We have a 32 bit driver (it feels, smells, and behaves like a printer
driver) for Windows XP Home and XP Professional.

Here is how it works:

Install the driver in Windows. Select the driver as the default driver.
Design a job either in Corel Draw (version 9, 10, 11, or 12) or
AutoCAD (version 14 and higher).
Send a Print command from the design program.
The CNC machine will start instantly to process the job.

How do the connections take place?

We provide a Virtual Controller version of LinkMotion that generates
up to 100,000 pulses per second right out of a parallel port. We will
control 3 axis, 4 output lines, and 5 input lines.
All the speeds, depths, I/O controls, step motor resolution, etc. take
place from a small applet in the system tray. The applet also includes
a Control Pad that allows the operator to take manual control of the
machine like moving the axis, checking I/O's, updating the counter to
verify the position of the axis and many other functions.

We are looking for two items to make the product even more useful:

(1) A USB board that we can interface with, in addition to the
parallel port solution we offer. Parallel port will be extinct soon.
Would like the driver to work with USB port.

(2) A low cost CAD program that is compatible with Microsoft Windows
XP and it is capable of printing to a laser printer using Windows
printing architecture. AutoCAD may be expensive for some of the CNC users.

Any help from the members will be appreciated.

The driver is intended to serve;

CNC machines
Engraving machines
Marking machines
Waterjet
Torch cutting machines
CO2 laser machines
YAG laser machines

In about 4 weeks, we will introduce another version of the driver that
will generate M&G codes directly from Corel and AutoCAD. The user will
be able to print to a file, open the file under Microsoft NotePad,
edit it, and then send the file to M&G code compatible controller.

Dhiren Shah
Solustan, Inc.
www.solustan.com
www.LinkMotion.com

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.