CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC Newbie

Posted by Ozzie@h...
on 2000-06-09 10:09:46 UTC
Thanks Tim and Jon, I have enough to gnaw on for a while. Hope my
power supply arrives today!
Jerry

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Tim Goldstein <timg@k...> wrote:
> > Hi Tim,
> > So what you are telling me is that my assumptions about the home
> > button are correct and depending on how the ini file is set up,
> > pressing the GUI home button can mean two different things. Fine
> > and in fact I think I like it that way; I can set the machine
with
> > wiggler or edge finder, or whatever and hit home and that
position
> > is home. In that case it would be very useful to be able to
create
> > a button that says: "G0 x0 y0 z0". I understand that I can open
the
> > scripts from the menu and do it that way, but that is several
clicks
> > and I'd like to do it with one. Is there a way to create such a
macro
> > and place it on the GUI?
>
> Ray or one of the other TK gurus may be able to tell you how to do
it by
> adding a button, but that is beyond my current level of knowledge.
would
> do it by just going to MDI mode (F5) and entering G0 X0 Y0 Z0
>
> > REgarding the fast multiple incrementing; It is not a multiple of
the
> > .100 but rather a wierd number like .232 or something. Yes it
will
> > work if I go slowly, but then I'm watching the interface rather
> > than the machine.
>
> I still think it is probably related to the rapid key press and the
way the
> interface reads them. If you want to make a series of moves greater
than
> just a few small jogs I would suggest going to MDI mode and
handling
it that
> way. When I use the jog I primarily use the continuous mode to just
make
> some straight cuts or for rough positioning. If I want to get on a
spot,
> locate an edge, etc. I will use the continuous mode to get close
then switch
> to .010 to get real close and then go to .001 to finally sneak up
on
it. In
> this case I always want the move to complete before I command the
next.
> OTOH, if I want to do something like go around a 1" square I would
go to the
> MDI mode and punch in something like follows one line at a time or
use Ray's
> script box to enter it as a batch:
> (assuming starting at 0 0 0)
> G1 F10 z-.1
> X1
> y1
> x0
> y0
> z0
>
> > RE Feed override, What number are we overriding? Is it the axis
speed
> > or another number, and why don't we just change that number
rather
> > than override it?
>
> If you are running a g-code program and decide the feed is too fast
or slow
> you don't want to stop the program and rewrite it just to change the
> feedrate. As you are cutting you just crank in some override.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

John Ross 1999-07-13 12:15:48 UTC EMC Newbie Tim Goldstein 1999-07-13 14:37:01 UTC Re: EMC Newbie Ozzie@h... 2000-06-08 12:34:58 UTC EMC Newbie Ozzie@h... 2000-06-09 10:09:46 UTC Re: EMC Newbie Ray Henry 2000-06-09 10:11:46 UTC Re: Re: EMC Newbie Ray Henry 2000-06-10 07:48:14 UTC Re: Re: Re: Re: EMC Newbie