CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Idea

Posted by davidjaypark
on 2005-04-13 04:49:46 UTC
Sorry all. The size of the positive is 4 inches tall by 3 inches
wide, by 1 inch deep. Anyone with any insight into milling and cutter
sizes please help. Really don't want to spend a great deal of money
working with all different cutter sizes and subsequently creating the
toolpaths for each size. Any words of advice would be sincerely
appreciated. Talk to you soon.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Bill Vance <ccq@x> wrote:
> On Tue Apr 12 15:18:53 2005 davidjaypark wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I am interested in prototyping but don't know what cutter to use.
These
> >parts are like little trophy people, so detail is definitely an
issue.
> >I am new to prototyping but I am aware that I generate a toolpath
> >through a 3rd party CAD/CAM software program and then select a
post for
> >processing. I am not sure which cutter I should use or which
machine,
> >for making little sculpted people out of machinable foam. Needs to
be
> >small for the face detail, but since I don't have much money to
waste
> >on trial and error with job shops, was wondering if anyone had any
> >advice. Which machine to use. i.e router, lathe and which cutter.
They

**********
> * *
> RKBA! * Blessings on thee, oh Israel!!!
* 4-19!

**********

> An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he
who hath no
> weapon in every | by Colt; | --Max Planck | weapon,
sell his
> hand = Freedom | Dial | In the beginning was the | garment,
and buy a
> on every side!! | 1-911-A1 | Word. --The Holy Bible | sword. --
Jesus Christ

> Constitutional Government is dead! LONG LIVE THE
CONSTITUTION!!!!!!

Discussion Thread

davidjaypark 2005-04-12 18:12:00 UTC Idea Bill Vance 2005-04-12 19:25:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Idea davidjaypark 2005-04-13 04:49:46 UTC Re: Idea Bill Vance 2005-04-13 05:40:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Idea