CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC Embroidery?

Posted by ballendo
on 2005-05-15 06:58:44 UTC
Here's the PC Quilter yahoo group URL...

Ballendo

P.S. Been sewing since I was 5 years old... (First project was GI Joe
pants.) Lost my Pfaff in a fire, have a commercial Viking in its
table now(non-walking foot).

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian Kole"
<AdrianKole@H...> wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> Should you find that trying to get the Sherline to embroider is not
> cost effective, you might take a gander at Singer's relatively
> inexpensive sewing machine/embroiderers. See
> http://www.singerco.com/products/product_detail.html?
product_id=937 .

> Cheers,
> Adrian
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "montanaaardvark"
> <boblombardi@c...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, All,
> >

> > I'm a lurker, and rare poster on this group.
> >
> > A few years ago, I saw CNC sewing machines for embroidery. That
> was
> > years before I CNC'ed my Sherline and knew nothing about CNC.
Now
> > got interested in making one to embroider shirts for a club I'm
> in.
> > I have a couple of light duty (120 in-oz) motors and a stepper
> > controller just sitting around and I'm considering making one.
> >
> > Can anybody point me to info on CNC'ing a sewing machine for
> > embroidery? I would think a 2 dimensional table approach would
be
> > okay, since the head goes up and down so little. I'm thinking
> > steppers driving chain cogs and chains - something I can take
from
> > my spare bike parts. I'm sure there's lots of embroidery stuff I
> > don't know (like, say, just about all of it) and I would hate to
> do
> > something so non-standard that nothing worked with it. I don't
> even
> > have a sewing machine around the house to play with.
> >
> > I searched around the last 10,000 posts on this group and didn't
> see
> > anything.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Bob
> > Montana_Aardvark

Discussion Thread

montanaaardvark 2005-05-14 16:54:25 UTC CNC Embroidery? Adrian Kole 2005-05-14 21:08:11 UTC Re: CNC Embroidery? cnc_4_me 2005-05-14 22:37:41 UTC Re: CNC Embroidery? ballendo 2005-05-15 06:58:26 UTC Re: CNC Embroidery? ballendo 2005-05-15 06:58:44 UTC Re: CNC Embroidery? montanaaardvark 2005-05-15 10:10:10 UTC Re: CNC Embroidery? caudlet 2005-05-15 16:53:31 UTC Re: CNC Embroidery?