CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Lead Screws

Posted by Terry May
on 2000-06-13 13:40:19 UTC
Hello Terry,

Yes, their web site is www.smallparts.com

They have a lot of interesting stuff to play with, some of the
prices seem high but others are quite reasonable.
Have fun with them.
Terry

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "james owens" <wotisname@l...>
wrote:
> Hi Terry,
>
> Do these people have a website, I wouldn't mind some of these at
that price for the same reason you are looking at them.

> Regards,
>
> Terry
>

> Does anyone have any experience with the lead screws found in
the
> Small parts Inc. (pg 185) catalog? They look a lot like ball
screws
> and claim accuracy of .0006 per inch and repeatability of 50
> millionths. They list a heavy duty anti-backlash nut also, it is
made
> of Polyacetal, which I presume is some type of plastic. The
screws
> are only $69.00 for 1/2" by 24", the nut is also $69.00
> The 1/2" is the largest diameter they list and they imply
lengths
> over 24" can be ordered.
> They may be a little light for a mill or mill/drill, but might
> work well for a router setup or a sherline sized mill????
> Terry May

james owens 2000-06-13 04:10:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lead Screws Terry May 2000-06-13 13:40:19 UTC Re: Lead Screws