CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 2 toroidal transformers mounted atop one another?

Posted by Bill Vance
on 2005-06-09 14:56:24 UTC
On Thu Jun 9 08:37:31 2005 rogersmach wrote:

>I plan on running two toroids of the same size for a power supply.
>Stacking one atop the other laying flat shouldnt be a problem should
>it? I'm wondering if the two different windings in close proximity will
>interfere with one another. If they need to be separated, how far
>should they be kept apart? I plan on spacing them like 1/2" to allow
>air flow and cooling between them and under the bottom one.
>
>Thanks Ron

I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but if I remember my old ARRL,
(American Radio Relay League), Manual correctly, they should be mounted so that
one edge of the circular portion is down on the circuit board, so that the board
is at a tangent. If two are to be mounted in close proximity, then looking down
at the board, the two should be mounted tangentially to it, but forming a
capital, "T", with respect to each other, to minimize cross-talk. A lot of
these together, may require Mu metal shielding. Your mileage may vary, of
course.

Bill

--
* *
RKBA! * Blessings on thee, oh Israel!!! * 4-19!

An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he who hath no
weapon in every | by Colt; | --Max Planck | weapon, sell his
hand = Freedom | Dial | In the beginning was the | garment, and buy a
on every side!! | 1-911-A1 | Word. --The Holy Bible | sword. --Jesus Christ

Constitutional Government is dead! LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!

rogersmach 2005-06-09 08:38:10 UTC 2 toroidal transformers mounted atop one another? Bill Vance 2005-06-09 14:56:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 2 toroidal transformers mounted atop one another? CalBoy101 2005-06-09 16:19:43 UTC Re: 2 toroidal transformers mounted atop one another? Brian 2005-06-12 16:08:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 2 toroidal transformers mounted atop one another? R Rogers 2005-06-13 06:55:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 2 toroidal transformers mounted atop one another?