CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] anonymous cvs checkout

Thomas Powderly wrote:

>anonymous checkout of emc2
>
> I just got dsl, so now could download the sources an dlearn how to work with EMC code
>
> I imagine the sources were huge

EMC source is maybe about 25 MB.

> I only have access thru a W2000pro box
> I downloaded cvs.exe for w32 from cvs.org
>
> I follow the instructions from cvs.org
> at cmd prompt
> md c:\cvs4emc2
> set CVSROOT=:local:c:\cvs4emc2
> set CVSROOT
> ( system echos ) CVSROOT=:local:c:\cvs4emc
> cvs init
> I go online with SBC Yahoo
> back to cmd prompt...
> and followed the instructions from
> http://www.linuxcnc.org/EMC2-description.html
>
> cvs-d:pserver:anaonymous@...:/cvsroot/emc login
> this asks me for a password and several tries later , I guess correctly
> just press enter when asked! (please add this to web page)
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anaoymous@...:/cvsroot/emc co emc2
> (these are exactly according to the instructions)

It looks like anonymous is spelled wrong above.

> wow this dsl is really fast, in just a minute reams of stuff is downloaded
> it's all done, there's lotsa files in c:\cvs4ems2
>
> I look and see theres nothing substantial at all
> I include it here cuz it's only 20K zipped
>
> I could be wrong but following these instructions did not
> get the files needed to build emc2.
>
> what did I do wrong?
> TomP

No, you can't attach anything on this group. (see above)

I don;t see the problem, but you may need to do all the same stuff with
"update" instead of "co" to actually get the files. The "co" may have
just set up the file structure for the files to later be loaded into.

Be aware you will catch hell if you try to edit any of the files on a
Windows
machine to later commit back to the repository. Windows uses a different
end of line sequence, and people putting files back through a Windows system
make it impossible to tell what lines have been changed for this reason. It
thinks EVERY line has been changed.

Thomas Powderly 2005-06-16 18:45:35 UTC anonymous cvs checkout Jon Elson 2005-06-16 22:10:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] anonymous cvs checkout Paul 2005-06-17 03:12:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] anonymous cvs checkout Thomas Powderly 2005-06-17 07:30:39 UTC anonymous cvs checkout Jon Elson 2005-06-17 09:37:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] anonymous cvs checkout tomp_tag@i... 2005-06-18 08:34:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] anonymous cvs checkout