CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Axis enable problem

Posted by John Johnson
on 2005-08-21 19:52:47 UTC
I have the schematic ready. It looks like I can't upload a file to the
group, so if anyone else wants it, drop me a line.

The circuit has four inputs for steps from X, Y, Z, and A axes. You can
use from one to all of the inputs.
The timer keeps the enable output high (+5v) for 10 seconds after the
step pulses stop. There is also a /enable output that stays low while
steps are coming in.

All parts should be available from your local Radio Shack in the U.S.,
unless they're one of the "mainly cell-phones" stores.

Regards,
JJ

On 15-Aug-2005, at 23:12, sse_jimmy wrote:

> Hi everyone! I hope someone can help me with my problem. I have a
> small tabletop 3 axis mill/router. Used to run K-cam software on, now
> i would like to use Mach2. My driver board is an L-297/298 based
> home made controller with each axis enable wired separately to the
> parallel port. The motors enable on K-cam had options for being on all
> time or only "on with step" for each individual axis. That means there
> is no power applied to the motors unless they had to move. In Mach2 we
> have enable, but it is on all time, and the motor coils get power on
> when not in use, and they get very hot in a short time. I don't know
> if I can have Mach2 software control enable with step, so i probably
> need to make some circuits to convert pulse(step)to the required level
> of enable signal. What I'm asking is if someone wish to help me to
> draw the needed circuit, or if there is an other way around this
> problem. Sorry about the long post.
> Thanks in advance: Jimmy.

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
> it if you have trouble.

> a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
> there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
>
> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
> THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

---
Help everyone. If you can't do that, then at least be nice.

Discussion Thread

sse_jimmy 2005-08-15 20:30:15 UTC Axis enable problem John Johnson 2005-08-16 06:40:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Axis enable problem Andrey Lipavsky 2005-08-16 07:16:25 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Axis enable problem sse_jimmy 2005-08-16 09:26:04 UTC Re: Axis enable problem Jon Elson 2005-08-16 09:41:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Axis enable problem John Johnson 2005-08-21 19:52:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Axis enable problem