CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Axis enable problem

on 2005-08-16 07:16:25 UTC
JJ,
I'd really appreciate such a schematic as well.

Thanks,
Andrey

-----Original Message-----
From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 9:39 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Axis enable problem

Jimmy,

You could use a "one-shot" also known as a "mono-stable multivibrator".
All that gibberish just means that when the circuit gets a pulse on the
input, it sends a pulse out of some (longer) length. Any more pulses
that
arrive just keep reseting it. So what you do is, connect the step pulses
from the axes into the one-shot. As long as you're stepping, the motors
stay on. When you stop stepping for some period, the enable goes off.

Like this:

__ _ _ _ _ _
x step___ __ _ _ _ _ ________________

_______________________
enable___ __________

You can use a few discrete components (resistors, etc.) and a NE555
timer chip to do this.
I can cook up a schematic if you'd like.

Regards,
JJ

On 15-Aug-2005, at 23:12, sse_jimmy wrote:

> Hi everyone! I hope someone can help me with my problem. I have a
> small tabletop 3 axis mill/router. Used to run K-cam software on, now
> i would like to use Mach2. My driver board is an L-297/298 based
> home made controller with each axis enable wired separately to the
> parallel port. The motors enable on K-cam had options for being on all
> time or only "on with step" for each individual axis. That means there
> is no power applied to the motors unless they had to move. In Mach2 we
> have enable, but it is on all time, and the motor coils get power on
> when not in use, and they get very hot in a short time. I don't know
> if I can have Mach2 software control enable with step, so i probably
> need to make some circuits to convert pulse(step)to the required level
> of enable signal. What I'm asking is if someone wish to help me to
> draw the needed circuit, or if there is an other way around this
> problem. Sorry about the long post.
> Thanks in advance: Jimmy.

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
> it if you have trouble.

> a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
> there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
>
> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
> THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

---
Help everyone. If you can't do that, then at least be nice.

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.