CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] When

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 2000-06-23 12:52:38 UTC
Bill,

You have to realize that the primary developers of EMC (your government $$
at work for you) are not in the business of competing with tax paying
businesses, but are in the business of developing technology and letting the
commercialization be handled by someone else.

So, The ultimate answer for a consumerized version is it will exist as soon
as someone takes the time and makes the investment to develop and market it.
There was a member on the list that offered, but he wanted his potential
customers to pay for his development time before he created a product. Now
if a company/person were to create an install routine that setup Linux and
EMC I am sure they would want to be paid for their efforts and would then
sell you a version of EMC.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 2000-06-23 12:52:38 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] When Ron Ginger 2000-06-23 12:54:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] When wanliker@a... 2000-06-23 13:22:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] When wanliker@a... 2000-06-23 13:24:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] When