CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ?

awallin55 wrote:

>Hi Group,
>
>I want to route some 3D plugs in mdf for composite moulds. My cam
>program translates the 3D curves into lots of G01 and G02 moves.
>
>Currently I use turbocnc which makes motion come to a complete stop
>inbetween every move. It works but it's a pain to listen to and not
>very fast. If I run the router on high rpm the wood tends to get
>burnt when motion stops...
>
>As I understand it HSM/Lookahead eliminates this i.e. if the
>controller senses that the next move is in approx the same direction
>as the current move then there is no need to stop the machine
>completely.
>
>So, my question is if there is a controller software out there that
>works on a PC (winxp, DOS, Linux) which has this kind of lookahead ?
>Would like to try it and see if cycle times are reduced dramaticaly.

EMC definitely has smoothing between all moves. (It can be disabled if
needed, with a G-code.) A recent fix should make it handle even very
fast moves (400+ IPM) while still smoothing as much as the machine's
acceleration can handle. (I don't have anything that can get anywhere near
400 IPM, so I can't really test that kind of condition.) I can say it is
VERY smooth up to 60 IPM, at least.

awallin55 2005-10-09 10:14:33 UTC Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Sorin Paul 2005-10-09 10:31:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Jon Elson 2005-10-09 12:55:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Fred Smith 2005-10-09 13:34:05 UTC Re: Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Anders Wallin 2005-10-10 00:02:06 UTC Re: Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Jon Elson 2005-10-10 10:17:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ?