CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ?

Anders Wallin wrote:

>>EMC definitely has smoothing between all moves. (It can be disabled if
>>needed, with a G-code.) A recent fix should make it handle even very
>>fast moves (400+ IPM) while still smoothing as much as the machine's
>>acceleration can handle. (I don't have anything that can get anywhere near
>>400 IPM, so I can't really test that kind of condition.) I can say it is
>>VERY smooth up to 60 IPM, at least.
>>
>>Jon
>>

>Hi Jon,
>
>Thanks for this info. I can do at least 200 IPM rapids with my router.
>I tried EMC years ago but abandoned it for the simplicity of turbocnc.
>
>It seems I'll have to give EMC a go once more. Does anyone have
>experience with EMC2 already ? Is it stable enough ? from the web pages
>I understand 3axis milling using parallell port step/dir signals should
>work. Whats the most painless way of installing EMC ? BDI ?

Yes, unless you are a software guru, the BDI is the ONLY way to go!
Depending on your drivers and step resolution, you may need some
hardware to make the fast step pulses. If you need more than about 25000
step pulses/second to achieve your 200 IPM speeds, than you may want to
look at my Universal Stepper Controller, at
http://jelinux.pico-systems.com/univstep.html

If the software can do the required step rate, then there's no need for it.

awallin55 2005-10-09 10:14:33 UTC Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Sorin Paul 2005-10-09 10:31:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Jon Elson 2005-10-09 12:55:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Fred Smith 2005-10-09 13:34:05 UTC Re: Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Anders Wallin 2005-10-10 00:02:06 UTC Re: Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Jon Elson 2005-10-10 10:17:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ?