CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ?

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2005-10-09 13:34:05 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "awallin55"
<anders.wallin@h...> wrote:

> As I understand it HSM/Lookahead eliminates this i.e. if the
> controller senses that the next move is in approx the same direction
> as the current move then there is no need to stop the machine
> completely.
>
> So, my question is if there is a controller software out there that
> works on a PC (winxp, DOS, Linux) which has this kind of lookahead ?

HSM is a method of trajectory planning that maximizes movement along
straight motion and automatically reduces the motion as sharp curves
are approached and speeds up as they are departed.\

Vector cad-cam has an optional function that automatically creates
corner decel and accel within user defined distances and change
angles. It produces G-code that has the desired feedrate changes.

DeskCNC supports smooth contouring. We define smooth contouring
something like this: If there is a contention between turning a corner
at speed, and staying on a programmed path, positional accuracy wins,
***always***. Otherwise, pedal to the metal.

Fred Smith - IMService
http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/hobby

Discussion Thread

awallin55 2005-10-09 10:14:33 UTC Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Sorin Paul 2005-10-09 10:31:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Jon Elson 2005-10-09 12:55:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Fred Smith 2005-10-09 13:34:05 UTC Re: Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Anders Wallin 2005-10-10 00:02:06 UTC Re: Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ? Jon Elson 2005-10-10 10:17:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Controller for PC/Parallell port with HSM/lookahead ?