CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Fw: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PWM vs Constant current and G-rex

Posted by R Rogers
on 2005-10-25 17:28:43 UTC
Jarret,

Yes, you'll need a power supply for whatever motors you decide to use and the Geckos use that same power to operate I think, not sure about that. They dont need their own external power supply to operate. . I'd invest alot of time reading and researching these forums and the internet. What type of machine are you wanting to retrofit and what type of motors are you wanting to use? The breakout referenced below is the same type that I use on all my machines and has given me excellent service.

Ron

Jarrett & Heidi Johnson <hjjohnson@...> wrote:
Ron, I'd looked at the combo board on Mr. Chambell's site [ sound logic]
and had thought it was pretty pricy compared to other borads which do
pretty
much the same thing.. of course I was forgetting that this included power
supplies and a charge pump.. so after looking at it from that perspective..
I think it would end up cheaper.. plus its and all-in-one package so..
You'd still need power supplies for the Gecko's off downstream from this
though also.. won't you?

Jarrett Johnson

> From: "R Rogers"
>

>>> Jarret,
>>>
>>> There are basically two higher end parallel port breakout boards
>>> available that I know of. The Sound logic and the PMDX for use with
>>> Windows based Mach softwares. Then there are some less expensive
>>> alternatives as well. As with anything, price dictates functionality and
>>> features. The breakout board is a must as it really "ties" the whole
>>> system together and allows the user to take advantage of everything the
>>> softwares have to offer. Plus they provide (if equipped) opto-isolation
>>> on the inputs to protect the PC, Onboard relays, integrated charge pump
>>> circuits etc.
>>>
>>> Ron

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.