CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Fw: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PWM vs Constant current and G-rex

on 2005-10-25 17:08:06 UTC
Ron, I'd looked at the combo board on Mr. Chambell's site [ sound logic]
and had thought it was pretty pricy compared to other borads which do
pretty
much the same thing.. of course I was forgetting that this included power
supplies and a charge pump.. so after looking at it from that perspective..
I think it would end up cheaper.. plus its and all-in-one package so..
You'd still need power supplies for the Gecko's off downstream from this
though also.. won't you?

Jarrett Johnson

> From: "R Rogers"
>

>>> Jarret,
>>>
>>> There are basically two higher end parallel port breakout boards
>>> available that I know of. The Sound logic and the PMDX for use with
>>> Windows based Mach softwares. Then there are some less expensive
>>> alternatives as well. As with anything, price dictates functionality and
>>> features. The breakout board is a must as it really "ties" the whole
>>> system together and allows the user to take advantage of everything the
>>> softwares have to offer. Plus they provide (if equipped) opto-isolation
>>> on the inputs to protect the PC, Onboard relays, integrated charge pump
>>> circuits etc.
>>>
>>> Ron

Discussion Thread

Jarrett & Heidi Johnson 2005-10-25 17:08:06 UTC Fw: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PWM vs Constant current and G-rex R Rogers 2005-10-25 17:28:43 UTC Re: Fw: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PWM vs Constant current and G-rex Jarrett & Heidi Johnson 2005-10-25 18:35:07 UTC Re: Fw: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PWM vs Constant current and G-rex Erie Patsellis 2005-10-25 19:15:15 UTC Re: Fw: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PWM vs Constant current and G-rex