CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Can you make a close loop system using digital calibers?

wsampl00 wrote:

>I did a search but could not find the answer so I have to ask. I want
>to convert a mini-mill over to cnc and currently have Chinese calibers
>mounted as DROs but I have not done anything to reduce backlash. I
>know the signals can be read by a DRO box by ShumaTech and there is
>also an adapter to convert the signal into the more uniform standard.

No. The problem is the calipers only produce about 2 readings a second.
You need something that can produce at least a hundred readings a second
to begin to do closed loop motion control with it. We usually use 1000
readings
a second with EMC, but some users demand even more.

wsampl00 2005-10-25 17:27:12 UTC Can you make a close loop system using digital calibers? R Rogers 2005-10-25 17:34:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Can you make a close loop system using digital calibers? Jon Elson 2005-10-25 18:20:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Can you make a close loop system using digital calibers? Paul Kelly 2005-10-25 18:25:03 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Can you make a close loop system using digital calibers? Tony Jeffree 2005-10-25 23:25:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Can you make a close loop system using digital calibers?