CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution)

Posted by JCullins
on 2005-10-28 08:40:01 UTC
Thanks, I'll have a look.
Jim
----- Original Message -----
From: "turbulatordude" <dave_mucha@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 9:39 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: micro wire-edm project (and software
solution)

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "JCullins"
> <james_cullins@s...> wrote:
>>
>> What voltage and currents do most use for EDM ?
>> Constant current is not hard to produce.
>> Do you maintain given distance away from the material to be cut ?
>>
>> I guess I need to get a book on the subject.
>> Jim
>
> There are two beginners books.
>
> Langolis has been around for a few years and is pretty good. He
> rambles a lot and much of the book is haphazzard writing. It was very
> hard to follow some of the ideas as it appeared he knew what he was
> talking about so he didn't have to write it down.
>
> But, if you can piece together the ideas he puts out, it does cover
> the topic very well.
>
> He did go into theory pretty well, and for some people, that is a nice
> part. for others, it just confuses the matter.
>
> The other book, Build and EDM by Ben Flemming is written in a
> different manner. Ben wrote it almost as an instruction manual for a
> plans set. Very straighforward in a more step by step approach.
>
> I think he missed some of the details, but they are very easily filled
> in my the average person.
>
> There are two yahoo groups for EDM that I am aware of.

> The second is Ben's list where he will answer questions about his book
> and building and such.
>
> In the first, there is a decent links and files section, so both are
> worth visiting.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Dave

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2005-10-27 08:33:32 UTC micro wire-edm project (and software solution) turbulatordude 2005-10-27 11:17:41 UTC Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) Graham Stabler 2005-10-27 13:36:20 UTC Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) turbulatordude 2005-10-27 20:36:07 UTC Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) Graham Stabler 2005-10-28 02:12:01 UTC Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) turbulatordude 2005-10-28 05:34:39 UTC Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) JCullins 2005-10-28 06:43:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) turbulatordude 2005-10-28 07:43:06 UTC Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) Dan Mauch 2005-10-28 08:39:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) JCullins 2005-10-28 08:40:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) JCullins 2005-10-28 09:12:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) Mark 2005-10-29 05:04:24 UTC Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) viewpanel1 2005-10-30 07:39:22 UTC Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) turbulatordude 2005-10-30 08:38:49 UTC Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution) Graham Stabler 2005-10-30 13:50:49 UTC Re: micro wire-edm project (and software solution)