CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Digital camera battery pack

on 2000-06-25 18:22:30 UTC
Peter Smith wrote:

> Hello Darrel
>
> I have got a Phillips ESP60 digital camera, and it eats batteries as well, I
> get about 18 shots from a new set, and thats about it, the batteries are not
> flat but the camera will not work at less than 5.7 volts,
> I measured the voltage on the mains adapter which was 6.5 volts, I then got
> a sealed lead acid 6v battery, which lasts for about 4 months between
> charging,

I've got an Olympus D600L which eats electrons like that. Can't
keep batteries in it unless I use the photoflash type which are
too expensive. I thought about getting a gel cell about 6vdc @
4.5amp. This is similar to a battery pak that I made for a
Beaulieu movie camera 25 years ago out of NiCad batteries. That
worked fine. I have a wall wart power supply for the Olympus but
think, generally, that a gel cell and charger would work a lot
better.

Wonder what sort of battery you are using. I'm looking at the
Power Sonic PS640F which costs $9.05 plus shipping. It is 4.5
amps about. Did you have to use a Zener diode to drop the output
to a true 6vdc? And what sort of charger did you use? I guess a
standard lead/acid battery charger would work if one could limit
the current to about 1/2 Amp. What seems to work for you?

JerryK

Discussion Thread

Jerry Kimberlin 2000-06-25 18:22:30 UTC Digital camera battery pack