CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hurco KM3 Kneemill - dumping existing S100 bus control for something EMC2 based?

skullworks wrote:

>I know of a dead Hurco KM3 Kneemill where the original Hurco Ultimax II
>control has died, but the iron, head, servos and amps work fine.
>
>I want to gut the card rack for the original 1987 control but retain
>the M function relay board, servo amps/pws and fuse/breaker panels.
>
>What I was hoping to do was use a ITX formfactor motherboard in a
>custom built console with a 15" LCD to drive the mill using EMC2. The
>existing dual CRT console is nearly useles - both CRTs are toast.
>
>I'm not sure what I'm going to need to drive the (Cleveland Motion
>Controls, Inc. ( CMC )) servo amps. The existing servos used tachometer
>feedback from what I can tell.

OK, then they are almost certainly analog velocity servos. I have a
board set
that produces the standard +/- 10 V velocity command signals for those.
EMC has drivers for this set, called the PPMC. See
http://jelinux.pico-systems.com/PPMC.html

skullworks 2005-11-06 07:34:51 UTC Hurco KM3 Kneemill - dumping existing S100 bus control for something EMC2 based? Jon Elson 2005-11-06 08:57:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hurco KM3 Kneemill - dumping existing S100 bus control for something EMC2 based?