CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hurco KM3 Kneemill - dumping existing S100 bus control ...

Posted by wbhinkle@a...
on 2005-11-06 10:33:36 UTC
In a message dated 11/6/2005 10:58:04 AM Central Standard Time,
elson@... writes:
skullworks wrote:

>I know of a dead Hurco KM3 Kneemill where the original Hurco Ultimax II
>control has died, but the iron, head, servos and amps work fine.
>
>I want to gut the card rack for the original 1987 control but retain
>the M function relay board, servo amps/pws and fuse/breaker panels.
>
>What I was hoping to do was use a ITX formfactor motherboard in a
>custom built console with a 15" LCD to drive the mill using EMC2. The
>existing dual CRT console is nearly useles - both CRTs are toast.
>
>I'm not sure what I'm going to need to drive the (Cleveland Motion
>Controls, Inc. ( CMC )) servo amps. The existing servos used tachometer
>feedback from what I can tell
I was fortunate one time to go to Hurco's programming school not 1 time but 2
times. The Hurco KM3 is a great maching to run, sorry to hear that the
controlls are shot and the dual crt's are toast. The conversational programming and
the duel screen really make it a pleasure to program and operate the KM3
machine. I understand that when Hurco got the Mills back to upgrade and resell they
took the conservational programming off and put some other sustem on them .
just my rant for the day, thanks
bill hinkle
in Oklahoma

wbhinkle@a... 2005-11-06 10:33:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hurco KM3 Kneemill - dumping existing S100 bus control ... skullworks 2005-11-06 12:03:25 UTC Re: Hurco KM3 Kneemill - dumping existing S100 bus control ... Jon Elson 2005-11-06 19:11:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Hurco KM3 Kneemill - dumping existing S100 bus control ...