CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Acceleration rates..

on 2005-11-27 21:27:10 UTC
Brad, my experiance is limited and bolstered by the reports of others,
however the 'spray on bond' I was refering to is a type of high build
polyester primer used in auto body shops. If need be I could get you a
product number and name as my father owns a body shop. The other
concideration is the type of foam to which it is applied. The typical blue
[ or pink] insulation styrofoam can be attacked by the polyester based
components, however my plan is to use urethane foam which is pretty much,
un-effected by any and all [ well most] solvents.

As far as the acceleration rates and what not are concerned, I'm totally in
agreement that they will have to be set by trial and error, what I'm trying
to get a grasp on at this point is just what is even the ball park. I'm
getting an better idea... however I'm sure the end result will be to just
built it as fast and robust as I can afford [ or want to spend] and then
tune it to what it will actually do once we get to that point.

Thanks
Jarrett

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad Eyben" <abeyben@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Acceleration rates..

> Jarrett,
> Most people adjust speed and accelleration by trial and error.
> Use a low accelleration at first that you're sure won't stall the motors,
> then keep raising your max speed until it stalls, then
> back off 20% or so.
> Then set your acceleration the same way, by raising the values until it
> stalls and then back off.
> There is a lot of difference in the way a large router will be set up vs.
> a small mill IMO.
> I found that I had to back off the acceleration on my router to way below
> the maximum values as the start and stops were way too
> rough.
> BTW I built my router for a similar purpose. it's 4'x13'x12" and will be
> using it cutting foam molds for concrete. Could you
> elaborate on the "spray on bondo" as I haven't yet found anything to build
> up the surface a lot that doesn't eat the styro.
> Thanks,
> Brad

Discussion Thread

Jarrett & Heidi Johnson 2005-11-24 16:31:07 UTC Re: Acceleration rates.. Les Newell 2005-11-25 02:30:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Acceleration rates.. Heidi Johnson 2005-11-25 07:02:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Acceleration rates.. Brad Eyben 2005-11-27 08:52:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Acceleration rates.. Jarrett & Heidi Johnson 2005-11-27 21:27:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Acceleration rates.. leslie watts 2005-11-28 05:42:35 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Acceleration rates.. turbulatordude 2005-11-28 12:17:57 UTC Re: Acceleration rates.. Stephen Wille Padnos 2005-11-28 12:20:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Acceleration rates.. leslie watts 2005-11-28 15:55:07 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Acceleration rates..