CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:Free Cad

Posted by Bob Campbell
on 2000-06-27 12:41:04 UTC
Mike,

I have a copy of Rhino. I just need to start using it.

Where is a good source for 3D objects in DXF format? I am a dealer for
Model Mill and I have been looking for a source of 3D objects.

Bob Campbell

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Rainone <mrain1@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2000 11:42 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:Free Cad

> I model in Rhino which is still free for demo, I think. It is the best 3d
modeling packages I have ever encountered, from 3d
> Studio Max to Lightwave, Animation Master, Blender etc. It exports
perfectly into Mill Wizard in DXF. And yes, it makes impellers or
> propellers with little fuss. I have turbo cad v6 and hate it. My wife, who
is an architect, is using intellicad as an Acad
> substitute at home, finds it awkward, spends more time cussing at it than
making progress. I will admit that I am biased toward
> Rhino, since it uses the ALS geometry library. The ALS library is also
the root of Alias/Maya, which I taught a long time ago and
> therefore made a pretty comfortable transition for me. However, many new
users indicate that Rhino is the easiest 3d package to